Monday, 10 February 2014

More flowery things

Continuing on the flowery/gardeny (is that a word?) theme from my last post, the crochet flower squares have now grown to 25 in number and I've started to join them together.  Once again, I kind of wish I'd sewn some of those yarn ends in before now.



Recent posts by Jooles and Chrissie have inspired me to get some of my needlework out again and started me wondering what I'd done with various bits of cross-stitch that I'd worked in what seems like another life it was so long ago; so I had a rummage.  I can't say when I began this (all I know is that my children were young) ...



... but as you can see I've still got a fair way to go and you can tell how long it's been in the cupboard by the enormous crease in the linen.  I should have kept it in a hoop, but I'm not very good at working with hoops, I just work it in a grab-and-stitch kind of way.



During my rummage I found my English country garden, something I've actually finished (fanfare please). 



It was in a bit of a state and I've had to press it using plenty of steam and a big squashy towel; still, it seems to have survived and I will get it framed before it comes to any more grief.

Thank you to everyone who's visited, is following me and has left comments. 

Hope all is well out there ...
Jane xx

PS:  while writing this post I saw the most incredible double rainbow out of the study window. Unfortunately, my camera (or probably my photography) hasn't done it justice, but I thought I'd share it all the same. 




12 comments:

  1. Your cross stitch is absolutely stunning and beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and oh my what a brilliant rainbow.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Irene. It was actually raining when I took the rainbow, so I'm surprised the photo came out without watery blobs all over it!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet squares are looking lovely Jane, you've finished them so quickly. Its going to look stunning.
    Love all your pretty embroideries, the English garden one is beautiful and will look stunning framed and up on the wall - look forward to seeing it in the flesh on Wednesday!
    Amazing rainbow, and the sky below is a different shade than above - I've noticed this before, I wonder how/why its like that?
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cross-stitch. You must finish that poppy picture. It is gorgeous. Love your double rainbow also. Always awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would have fared worse being kept in a hoop, you'd have a permanent hoop mark and perhaps a different colour under the hoop. I use QSnap frames as I don't like hoops, you could try one? anyway, the piece is lovely, I'm sure you'll enjoy working on it. Love the granny squares

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crochet is looking soooo pretty! It is going to be beautiful, I love the flowers! And thank you for linking to the stitch-along, your cross stitch is simply lovely - I'm glad you found these projects in the cupboard to share with us! This really inspires me to do more cross stitching! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cross stitch projects are lovely, I enjoy cross stitch too although I haven't done any for a while. I really like your crochet squares too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jane
    The crochet and cross stitch projects are really lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing the poppy when it's finished! (no pressure...)
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet is beautiful and such intricate stitching you will be so busy - have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crochet looks lovely and that English garden embroidering is really beautiful. I love a double rainbow and always reach for my camera. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Your poppy cross stitch is just stunning Jane as is the gorgeous garden one ..... you must have a lot of patience!
    your post made me giggle because i only recently found a half done cross stitch from when I was pregnant ..... quite a lot of years ago ;o) I really must finish it.
    Loving your pretty crochet too
    thanks for the sweet mention that was a lovely surprise.
    Love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Jane
    Definitely blowing a fanfare for you here , your garden crossstitch is soooo beautiful. It will look lovely framed. Clever you ! The poppies are gorgeous too and they must be so hard with the different shades of red.
    Have a good weekend,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete