Friday, 28 February 2014

Rogue flower cushion

Thank you for your comments on my last post and for suggestions on what to do next with an almost finished cushion and not enough yarn to get there!  In the end I decided to order some more yarn, hoping that the difference in dyelot number wouldn't notice too much and, would you believe it, when the yarn came it was the same dyelot number!  So anxiety attack over, here is the 'rogue flower cushion' that came into being after a disappointing incident with a peony:






The main colour is Sublime extra fine merino dk in Powderpuff (304), the white flowers are Jaeger extra fine merino dk (930) and the rogue flower is Rowan pure wool dk in Kiss (036).  The pattern for the flowers is from the pin cushions on page 96 of Nicki Trench's Cute & Easy Crochet with Flowers.

Because I have absolutely no self control, I have bought yet more yarn since the green in my last post (which I haven't started using yet).




No prizes for guessing what this will be - there have been some rather beautiful ones already.

Hope all is well out there ...
Jane x


9 comments:

  1. Fantastic end to your story, and such a wonderful cushion. I love the colours, they are so soft and gentle and the rogue flower looks stunning, Looking forward to seeing your next project.
    luv irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see your colour combo and order, you will have fun making it! The cushion is delightful, such pretty, pretty colours and design! Have a lovely weekend, Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title rogue flower really made me smile. The cushion is stunning and I love the rogue flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jane, and thanks so much for your visit and sweet message at my place! I am so so glad you found me for I've now been having a quick browse through some of your more recent posts and just love being here and seeing all your lovely happenings! On reading the history of the 'rogue' peony, I felt disappointed for you but at the same time can't help feeling the mix-up has had a very happy outcome with your beautiful cushion - I really love it, and that gorgeous shade of pink! Wonderful that the yarn problem worked out so well too! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cushion is beautiful Jane and I really like the sweet rogue red flower!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just found your lovely blog from Chrissie's CAL, I am following you now and looking forward to reading more from you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty cushion and i love the little red flower, so sweet!
    love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks super Jane, the rogue flower adding that bit of quirkiness and interest! I love the contrasting back too so you can have a change.
    The new yarn looks lovely, I'm guessing this is for the My Sweet Valley shawl???!!!!!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog today. You have some lovely projects to share. I have just bought some of the sublime merino DK I couldn't resist the colours now I just have to decide what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete