Friday, 7 March 2014

Trying out ...

... intarsia.  I was bowled over by Jules' harlequin blankets here at Little Woolie and thought I would have a go so I had a quick look on Pinterest for some ideas.  A small project this time as my making-everything-blanket-size plan is probably why I have so many WIPs.  I did manage to come down in size with a cushion for my last project, so this time I'm going miniature.


Not sure whether I'm doing it quite right, but I will press on and see how it turns out.

I enjoyed making this little chatelaine years ago and have also enjoyed using it, but with use it has become a little grubby in places.  I'm considering washing it and would be interested to know if anyone's done this and whether it survived.  


I think we're in for a sunny happy weekend here in Kent so some much needed attention will be paid to the garden - the bright pink gardening gloves are primed and ready to go.



Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post.

Hope all is well out there ...
Jane x

9 comments:

  1. The intarsia crochet is looking good - love the colours you've chosen.
    Yes, hopefully we're in for a warm weekend - yay!!!
    Have a good one Jane, and see you next week for our trip to the K and S show!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh well done Jane, looks like your Jules inspired crochet is coming along brilliantly. Loving the pink gardening gloves, far too lovely to get muddy !
    Have a lovely, hopefully sunny,weekend.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, hope you have a lovely weekend too.
      Jane x

      Delete
    2. I haven't heard of intarsia, well done for giving it a go. I thought they were biking gloves at first. Today was sunny here but very cold. Enjoy the weekend x

      Delete
    3. I hope that you have a lovely weekend gardening and I look forward to seeing how your crochet progresses. I have that problem with my crochet - everything is blanket sized!! I just can't seem to help myself! xx

      Delete
  3. It looks great, I think I need to start trying smaller projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try that technique since falling for Little Woollie's harlequins, too! You'll have to keep us posted and share any tips! Your colours are *perfect*! As for that pretty little stitching accessory, I'd gently gently hand wash it, just let it sit a bit and gently rinse and squeeze in a towel, then lie flat to dry. Good luck! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is looking so interesting and ever so sweet - just love your colour choices! I do hope you had a good time in the garden using those fantastic gloves, and big progress was made? I imagine it must be a lovely feeling to finally get out there after all the bad weather! Joy x

    ReplyDelete