Friday, 4 April 2014

What can you do with a mandala?

I'm joining in with Chrissie and Daisy's Mand-a-long this week.


Very simple, just ivory and two shades of pink.  I mostly followed Nela's pattern here with a bit of subtle variation.

I used Schachenmayr Catania cotton yarn in natural (105), light pink (246) and magenta (251).  I first saw this yarn here at Annie's Place where Sharron has created some beautiful makes with it.  



But what does one do with a mandala?  Pot grab?  Don't want it to get stained.  Protective mat to save marks on furniture?  Will be mostly hidden.  Bowl cover to protect food?  It's a bit holey and the most determined creepy-crawlies could still get through, but I like the idea.




Settled.  Might sew some beads on to weigh it down a bit.  

What are you doing with your mandala?

Hope all is well out there ...
Jane x

PS Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post on the ripple blanket x

18 comments:

  1. So pretty Jane, and I love that idea !
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea of what to do with your mandala, it looks lovely like the old fashioned lace bowl covers, but more contemporary!! Clever you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty mandala Jane, and it looks great in use as a bowl cover - that's a good idea, and you get to appreciate the design as its all on show.
    Have a lovely weekend with your girls back home, and lets hope the weather cheers up a bit.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very pretty mandala, in the perfect colours! And I do like your idea of how to use it...I envisage a lovely set to cover al fresco dinner bowls... ;-) Thanks for sharing! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't attempted one yet & yours does look lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea and so pretty to boot!
    Happy weekend
    love Jooles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colours, and the idea of how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, your mandala has a very sophisticated look...I think the delicate colours give it that special quality.
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really like your Mandala - the simple, elegant colours set the pattern off beautifully. Also, it's so perfectly round! your crochet is very neat. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely mandala Jane, and I like your idea for using it too.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours you've used and a great idea too. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful Mandala with gorgeous soft pastel colours.
    what about hanging it in a small spacwe on your wall.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful use for a mandala. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea. I have so many of these as they are quite addictive to make, and I mainly use them for pot stands, but you are right, their design and prettiness then gets hidden. Such a shame too! I might have to try this!

    Have a super rest of a week!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. never thought to do one in white and a colour - having seen yours I will borrow the idea

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's beautiful, I love the colours. If you did want to use it as a bowl cover, you could line it with thin gauze

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award because you and your blog has captured my attention. Thanks for the connection and the inspiration. You can find the nomination here:http://zanashomemade.blogspot.co.nz
    Please feel free to accept or ignore.

    ReplyDelete